Setup WiReboot by Phone App:
- Download the App, Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wireboot
- On the WiReboot, make sure the Green light is on and the Red light is blinking slowly.
(tap on the label to toggle it).
- Note: In App setup mode, the WiReboot is waiting to receive instructions from your phone(UDP packet) and will NOT broadcast it's own WiFi network.
- In the app, make sure the SSID displays your routers network name.
Note: the WiReboot will not work on 5Ghz networks.
- Enter the key/password of your Wi-Fi network into the app
- After you have confirmed the above info, click 'Setup WiReboot'
- Be patient, your phone will now send your network details to the WiReboot device
- If this is your first time setting up WiReboot, you will be asked to create an account by signing in with your Google or Facebook account.
Setup WiReboot by computer/web:
- This is fallback mode, use it only if Android/iOS App does not work.
- On the WiReboot, Make sure the Green light is off and the Red light is blinking quickly.
(tap the label to toggle it).
- On your wireless PC/Phone, go to the website: https://my.wireboot.com/
- login with your Google or Facebook account
- Click on Setup WiReboot
- Using your PC/Phone’s Wi-Fi, search for a wireless network like *WiReboot-XXXXXXXX*
- Once your PC/Phone connects to the WiReboot, the web page will automatically change
- Select your WiFi network and enter your WiFi key.
- The WiReboot will now connect to your network and be added to your account.
Reset your WiReboot
To reset your WiReboot, in order to connect it to a different network, tap on the label 10-11 times, until you see the red light blinking.
Name: A custom name for your WiReboot. It can be changed at any time.
Sleep Time: How often do you want WiReboot to test your network? In between checks the WiReboot will go to sleep mode. While the WiReboot sleeps, your router remains on.
Test interval: When your network fails a test, how long should WiReboot wait before it tries again?
Retry times (local): When the WiReboot cannot connect to your WiFi, how many times should it try again before it reboots your router?
Retry times (remote): When the WiReboot successfully connects to your WiFi, but still cannot reach the internet, how many times should it try again before it reboots your router?
Power off time: When the Retry conditions above fail, the WiReboot will reboot your router. How long should it power off your router before turning it back on?
Wait time after reboot: When the WiReboot reboots your router, how long should it wait before it starts checking the network again?
Wait time after power on: Whenever the WiReboot is plugged in, how long should it wait before it starts checking the network?